Thursday 5 September 2013

Who Do You Think You Are? - Nitin Ganatra

Nitin Ganatra's episode of Who Do You Think You Are series 10 focussed on India and the Asian community in Kenya.

It's a subject that I myself don't much about, and so admittedly found the episode last night quite fascinating. It also struck me, when it was being explained that the Indians in Kenya built the country's railways, that immigrant labour was used in a variety of countries for this job - the Chinese in the USA came to mind.

Like last week with Nick Hewer, I have to admit a little jealousy when it comes to the ease with which Nitin Ganatra was able to go back through the generations via one document. I don't know what Indian genealogy research is usually like but in Britain, unless your very, very lucky, it just doesn't work like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment