Monday 16 September 2013

Living History

Hi!

I have to admit, sometimes I come across people who are - frankly - a little rude about family history. The argument of why it's relevant or (and I hate this) why someone should have more research completed when their family history has 'already been done,' crops up from time to time.

As far as why you should research your family history, well, I can't guarantee you'll ever understand that. But from personal experience, the sense of connection with the past, and the fascinating stories that suddenly spring to life, are worth it every time. It can also allow you to feel part of history, and give you a wider sense of family and how you've got where you are.

The words 'it's all been done' really, really irritate me in terms of family history. I have been researching my own family history for many, many years. I can't honestly say I'm done; I'm pretty sure I will never be 'done.' There's always something more to discover, even about relatives you thought were fully researched - there's always a new perspective, or something you can discover more about.

I'm dedicated to providing history to my customers; names and dates will never be the end of the story, even if you choose to order basic research in order to use this kind of basic information as a starting point.

For more information about my services see www.familyhistorybycerys.co.uk

Bye for now,
Cerys.

No comments:

Post a Comment