Thursday 22 August 2013

Who Do You Think You Are? - Gary Lineker

The new episodes of Who Do You Think You Are? seem to be creeping up on me faster and faster - probably just because I've been busy, busy, busy!

Gary Lineker's episode of Season 10 last night followed two very different ancestors. The most interesting was the poacher, who, while slightly comical in actions, does show the poverty that many rural workers faced in this time, and that poaching often came from desperation rather than malice.

I have to admit that my enjoyment of the episode was slightly hindered by just how much Match of the Day preparation was included. While it's a part of the show to show celebrities at the 'day job' I felt that it took more time out of the episode than was needed - it felt uncomfortably like padding in a show that I'm sure could have been stretched out more with fact and family story had it been necessary.

Overall though, still interesting as usual - and the forensic artist's impression of James Pratt alone makes the episode worth watching.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment