Thursday 20 June 2013

Family Questions and Answers

One of the great things about family history is the individual stories that you can come across, but sometimes you can be left with yet more questions - it's the nature of the thing.

Why was this lady buried with her first husband not her second? Why would you move from Oxfordshire to a tiny Welsh village where they don't even speak English at this period?

An ancestor of my own was trying to sell a 30ft Cornish boiler via a classified ad in the paper - I have no idea why he had it, or where on earth he was keeping it, but I'm not going to stop looking.

...and then there are the answers - sometimes more surprising than the questions. This Victorian middle-class lady fell in love with the farm labourer working on her father's land, accounting for his sudden rise in fortunes. Another gentleman disappears from the family home... because he ran off with the circus!

If you have a question about your family's ancestry or background - it could be as simple as wanting to know more about a grandparent's upbringing, then you may find my hourly rate 'Leaves' is just what you've been looking for. Alternatively, you may find one of my packages more suited to your needs. Full details can be found on my website - http://www.familyhistorybycerys.co.uk/ - if you have any queries, please get in touch via the contact details provided on the site. Even if you think I can't help you, I may be able to.

Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment